March 6, 2005

I'd like that...

When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you, first of all…friend of a friend of their says: “He/ She really, really likes you� and it kills you, it sends you to the ground, you gotta pick yourself up from the ground...

Then you get their phone number and you call them up, right? And you say: “Yeah, that was a great phone conversation...can I see you sometime?� And then they say this, they say : “I’d like that�..."I’d like that� makes you fall on the floor again, your heart is about to stop because of “I’d like that�, nothing feels better than “I’d like that�, so now your blood pressure is going up, you’re 6 feet off the ground, you can’t sleep because of “I’d like that�....

So then you hang out for a while, and you call, you talk on the phone all the time, and then you drop the bomb, what feels like the bomb, you say: “You know what? I’ve been thinking about you a lot�...and she/he goes: “(Loosing breath)�, and you go: “What Happens?!� She/he goes: “I’m Sorry, I just, I just, that’s....I’ve been thinking about you too� BAM! Higher than the sky...but now “I’d like that� DONE!, now you’re up to: “I’ve been thinking about you�...

Then, however number of months have passed, to make you feel comfortable by saying it, you say it: “I’ve gotta tell you something� They go: “What?�, you go: “I’m in love with you� and nothing in the world sounds better than: “I’m in love with you� and then maybe she/he starts crying, or maybe he/she goes: “(Loosing Breath)� and all of a sudden you’re like: “I’m in�...But now what doesn’t work?: “I’d like that� and “I’ve been thinking about you�. Now we’re in “I’m in love with you�...

Then maybe someday we’ll move to “I love you�, Fast forward, now you’re like “I love you a lot�, “I love you more than anything in life�...Now “I love you� doesn’t work...It’s official..it keeps moving up fast forward like 6 months, 6 weeks, or whatever the case may be...now you’re like.. “I wanna marry you�, “I wanna impregnate you with my love�, “I wanna send my love to you�...DAMN IT!!! words don’t work anymore and then you say this line, i know you’ve used this line before: “I just wish they put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love, ‘cause love just doesn’t describe what I feel�...

And so then now, He or she starts asking: “Do you love me?� And then you start going: “Of course I love you!� “Well Say it!� And then it becomes: “Say it twice�, and then: “Say it three times!�.

And then you cross a really interesting point where all of a sudden it becomes: “I hate you, I hate you!!� And then you go: “Oh my gosh! She/he hates me!� And now it’s like “I hate you more than anything� and then it’s like: “We’re over!� And then they go: “NO we’re not�, You go: “YES WE ARE!�; and now the words completely do not work at all, you’re left with nothing, you’re throwing punches underwater, you’re done....

You know what the moral of that story is?...if there is one:Never, ever, ever, ever, underestimate the power of “I’d like That�...

2 comments:

Guffo Caballero said...

Me pongo de pie ante tan chiro liro post, clap clap clap!!! Ojalá no todas las historias de amor tengan este final. Excelente, llegador, identificable, puro, honesto, duro... qué más puedo decir. Saludos Nan.
Atte. La botarga del oso cara de perro

Anonymous said...

*sniff* tu quieres que yo llore verdad... primero porque no me has hablado para pajaras patinadoras y segundo por tu texto tan bonito, este y el de arriba, son lo mejor, sigue escribiendo prima!! porfis.. hazlo por los que nos falta cerebro y creatividad para ese tipo de cosas, y tenemos necesidad de leer los de otros.. jejejeje.. por cierto te recomiendo el flog de un amiguin mio... www.fotolog.net/vicoche
cuidate muchito.. hablamos..